2016 Kia Sorento: The Only Car With Waze-Android Auto
If there is one thing which the latest Kia Sorento has which rivals don’t, it is access to Waze via Android Auto. Google may have yet to integrate Waze on Android Auto but there is a way to operate the map app on the car’s infotainment system with complete ease.
One of our readers shared with us a method on how to make Waze work with Android Auto through the Kia Sorento and you can check out the steps below. We have yet to try the method out with another car hence we are unsure if it works for every Android Auto-equipped vehicle.
1. Before plugging in your Android-powered phone to your car’s infotainment system, run Waze on your phone and leave it open.
2. Now plug-in the phone and launch Android Auto.
3. Turn your phone display back on and go to your device’s home screen.
4. Perform a swipe from the top of the display to bring out the notifications panel.
5. You should be able to see “Waze Is Running” on the notifications area. Tap on it.
6. Waze will then launch on the phone’s screen while the Android Auto stuffs will be on the car’s screen.