Google Nexus 4: Nougat Wait Eased By Marshmallow Update!
The Android 7.0 Nougat is the newest firmware right now but it does not mean that the Android 6.0 Marshmallow is bad. For the old Google Nexus 4, they have been barred from enjoying either firmware and this is due to their age.
This is unfortunate especially since the hardwares on the Nexus 4 are still fully capable of operating Nougat or Marshmallow smoothly. Thankfully, the lads at XDA are aware of this hence they have developed a custom ROM for the Nexus 4.
No, the ROM does not contain the Nougat OS but it does offer a highly stable build of the Marshmallow. On the bright side of things, the Nougat ROM is already in development and it will be a while before it can be ready for use.
Until then, you can look forward to enjoying Marshmallow on your Nexus 4. It is as simple as downloading the ROMs from XDA and performing a backup on your device. Once done, refer to the following steps:
1. Transfer the TWRP file to the device and update/install it
2. Turn off device and enter Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up, Volume Down and Power
3. When TWP UI populates the screen, choose Wipe>Factory Reset
4. Transfer the downloaded ROM together with GApps into the device and reboot
5. The Nexus 5 will take a long while to restart but once booted, it will run on Marshmallow!