Google Nexus 4 Remains Up-To-Date With Marshmallow OS, Here’s How
Google has ceased every support for the Nexus 4 due to the age of the device. This means that the Nexus 4 will no longer receive any further updates and this includes the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Well, Nexus 4 users can actually still keep their device relevant today and they and they can do so by picking up the custom ROMs which are developed for the old smartphone. In case you are unaware, there are a couple of custom ROMs which contains Android 6.0 made for the Nexus 4 and they are available at XDA.
The best part is that the custom ROMs are free of issues so you don’t have to worry about bricking your device. Personally, we would recommend downloading either the Marshmallow OF from Adrian Holmes.
Once you have downloaded the custom ROM and the Google Apps package, you can refer to the installation guide below.
1. Transfer the TWRP file to the device and update/install it
2. Turn off device and enter Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up, Volume Down and Power
3. When TWP UI populates the screen, choose Wipe>Factory Reset
4. Transfer the downloaded ROM together with GApps into the device and reboot
5. The phone will take a long while to restart but once booted, it will run on Marshmallow!