Google Nexus 5 Can Now Run Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The Google Nexus 5 is considered as an old device today and it will take a huge miracle for it to receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. If you are to count unofficial ROMs as miracles, then we have got some good news for you.
XDA’s Adrian Holmes had just released a custom ROM for the Nexus 5 and it contains the Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware. The ROM is built specifically for the Nexus 5 and those that have installed it are pleased with the new OS experience.
If you are interested, you should not waste any second longer and start backing up all your files on your Nexus 5. Then, head over to XDA to download a custom ROM together with the Google Apps Package. Once done, proceed to the following steps:
1. Transfer the TWRP file to the device and update/install it
2. Turn off device and enter Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up, Volume Down and Power
3. When TWP UI populates the screen, choose Wipe>Factory Reset
4. Transfer the downloaded ROM together with GApps into the device and reboot
5. The Nexus 5 will take a long while to restart but once booted, it will run on Marshmallow!