Google Nexus 5: Here’s How To Operate Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The Google Nexus 5 is a great device to own but it has one problem, the smartphone is old. The Nexus 5 is so old that Google has stopped offering updates for the device. In other words, there is no way for you to enjoy the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS on the Nexus 5.
This is unless you are to see the help of XDA developers. One developer called Adrian Holmes had just developed a custom ROM for the Google Nexus 5 and it contains the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. The custom ROM is already in its stable build hence you don’t have to worry about any bugs or glitches.
If you are interested to proceed, you can head down to XDA and download the custom ROM together with the Google Apps Package. Once done, you can plug in your Nexus 5 to a computer and apply the following steps.
1. Transfer the TWRP file to the device and update/install it
2. Turn off device and enter Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up, Volume Down and Power
3. When TWP UI populates the screen, choose Wipe>Factory Reset
4. Transfer the downloaded ROM together with GApps into the device and reboot
5. The Nexus 5 will take a long while to restart but once booted, it will run on Marshmallow!